Friday, February 7, 2014

What a Saturday

 
On a Friday afternoon in mid-January, my mom called with a fun proposition.  She and my dad had decided to take a Saturday trip down to Dallas to go to Cabela's and do some shopping.  Thinking that Hudson would really enjoy seeing all of the animals there, they invited us to go. Unfortunately, Kyle wasn't able to come, but I cancelled my weekend plans and Hudson and I headed south!
 
It was such a fun day.  We went to the Rainforest Cafe for lunch and Hudson was completely taken by all of the tropical fish and big animals.  The elephants were definitely his favorite and he was a little frightened by the tigers, but he left with a frog hat, a balloon animal dinosaur and a big smile on his face. 
 
We continued the day at Cabela's.  It was mine and Hudson's first Cabela's experience and I have to say it's 10x better than Bass Pro.  We spent an hour and a half looking at all of the taxidermied animals and could've spent even longer there.  From moose to zebra, from polar beer to grizzly bear...they have it ALL! Hudson left Cabela's with a "pop" gun, new Cabela's baseball cap and wonderful memories.
 










No comments:

Post a Comment