Friday, February 7, 2014

"Let's name him Thomas."

For those of you that know me, you know, I'm kind of a dog lover. I have been known to make people pick up stray dogs off the side of the road and I even made a date do this once, case in point...I am just sensitive when it comes to dogs.
 
That being said, I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I find it fun to go to the Humane Society on Saturdays or Sundays and play with the dogs.   This past Sunday Kyle, Hudson and I did just that. I was in no way expecting that any of us would fall in love with a dog...but we did.
 
We ended up spending our entire time at the shelter playing with a 2-3 year old pointer/american english coonhound, named Grant.  Grant had the sweetest demeanor. He was completely taken with Hudson and Hudson was completely taken with him.
 
Before we left Hudson looked at me and said, "Let's name him Thomas."
Several days went by and all I was hearing from both Kyle and Hudson were questions about when we were going to bring Thomas home and make him a part of the family.  On January 29th, we brought him home and I'm so glad we did.  He and Hudson have become best friends and Thomas is the most appreciative rescue dog I've ever been around.


No comments:

Post a Comment