Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Party On

This October we had our first annual family halloween party.  My mom and aunt came up with the idea to have a party because we have three precious little boys in the family now and are always looking for special and fun traditions to start for them. 

Growing up, my parents hosted numerous halloween parties for us, most even complete with a "haunted" trail. This year, we decided to take it easy as far as "haunted" trails go  and opted for a hay ride with some friendly ghosts and other fun halloween decor.

When I arrived at my parents the afternoon before the party, I was surprised to learn that I had a costume waiting for me.  I was prepared to dress up Hudson in his shark costume, but didn't think I'd also be getting all dressed up (I'm talking face paint and everything, folks!).  My mom and aunt had other plans; the day before the party they hit-up local garage sales and pieced together enough costumes for almost all of us!  I'll admit I had SO much fun dressing up and Hudson definitely got a few laughs out of seeing mommy as a scarecrow.

The party was definitely a success and I can't wait until next year's.  







No comments:

Post a Comment