Thursday, October 15, 2015

An Easter to Remember

Getting our Anderson here was a MUCH different experience than Hudson. I had Hudson 2 weeks early, so in my mind, I expected Andie around the same time frame. Her official due date was April 10th, so by the end of March I grew more anxious as the days went on.  By April 1st I was having contractions.  I actually went into work on the 1st and ended up leaving after several hours of "toughing it out" at my desk.  I spent the next two days in bed having contractions. By the 3rd, everything had really stopped and I began to get discouraged. I decided I would pack Hudson and I for a Friday night sleep over at my parent's house. 

We arrived like normal, had dinner and by about 9 p.m. went to bed, only for me to pop back up out of bed at 9:01 p.m. and declare my water had broke, sending everyone into a frenzy.

We quickly devised a plan, packed our things and began what was to become the quickest trip to Stillwater my parents had ever drove-with their hazards on the entire way because I was convinced I was going to give birth in the car. We stayed in contact with Kyle much of the way and he made it just in time to usher me out of the car and into the hospital (all while remembering to stop and purchase Hudson some snacks on his way).  Poor Hudson fell asleep on the trip and had no clue what was going on, but was happy to have the snacks. 

Bless Kyle for being by my side for the next three hours; it was too late for the epidural I had requested and I'm certain I was not pleasant. At 1:05 a.m., on April 4th, we welcomed our precious 7 lb 1.2 oz baby girl. We brought her home on Easter day and it was definitely an Easter to remember.



In this moment I knew I wasn't the only girl in his life anymore and I couldn't have been any happier about that.

Andie with her Great-great grandma, Helen.
The first time her Aunt Crista held her.

Easter day, 2015. Getting ready to leave the hospital.
Home at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment